Ways you can help raise funds for SNCT
helps charities and other good causes to raise money when their supporters shop online. It works in a similar way to many other loyalty shopping sites, but instead of earning points when you shop, you raise a donation for your cause instead. So far we have raised over £700 in this way so it is well worth doing!
You can shop with over 2,000 well known stores and each will donate up to 15% of what you spend. For example, John Lewis will donate 1%, Amazon 2.5%, The Body Shop 6%, some insurance retailers will even donate up to £30 simply for taking out a policy with them!
It doesn't cost you a penny more. Once you've registered, when you shop with a participating retailer, easyfundraising notes your purchase, collects the donation from the retailer and passes it to the Trust.
To start supporting the Trust in this way, go to easyfundraising.org.uk and:
- click on 'Support a cause' and select the Trust as the cause you wish to support - you may have to type in Shrewsbury and Newport Canals Trust
- fill out the quick form to register your details
- find the retailer you want to shop with
- click to visit the retailer, then shop as you normally would.
- Your donation will be shown in your easyfundraising.org.uk account within 30 days.
Here is a link to easyfundraising
From this site you can also download a Search and Remind toolbar which lets you know when you visit a site where you can raise money for the Trust although not all browsers are supported.
Save postage stamps
With Christmas looming now is a good time to save all your used postage stamps and pass them on to us. Bring them along to one of our meetings, work parties or events. They can be sold to raise funds for our cause.